Struggling to get your workouts done? There are many great reasons why working out at home is the perfect solution.
Have you considered joining a gym only to find out there is a huge expense to do so? Maybe you just don’t have time to get to a gym each day. Think about it. It takes time to pack your gym bag, drive to the health club, park, wait to get on exercise machines or line up for a class … you get the idea.
You may be wondering if working out at home can really get results. It can! And the good news is that when you do at home work outs, you have a greater chance of integrating fitness into your lifestyle.
As a lifelong member of gyms, I started to work out at home a few years ago and haven’t stopped. I love it and get amazing results.
Working Out at Home Gets Results
The benefits of working out at home are many! I share five reasons why exercise at home is even better than a gym. I already mentioned the convenience which is huge for me! Think about the time it takes to get to a gym.
- “Working out at home” does not require a schedule. If you are taking classes or your gym has specific hours, you have to work around that schedule. When you work out at home, you can do it whenever you want to! Whether it is 5 AM or midnight, exercise to heart’s content!
- Wear whatever you want to for home workouts. I love that I don’t even have to brush my hair. Who cares what I look like when I am in my own home? Even my workout clothes don’t have to match.
- Germs. Need I say more? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten sick from the gym. I get ill thinking about the people I see sweating profusely on a machine who don’t bother to wipe it down. How gross is that? Working out at home eliminates all that and I just have to deal with my own germs.
- Post-workout drinks are always close-by. At home workouts have the convenience of post-workout drinks and snacks close by in the kitchen. No more waiting to get home. Just walk to the next room and get some results and recovery nutrition into your body. Have you seen how much gyms charge for a bottle of water? Geez!
- Roll out of bed and exercise. I can’t imagine waking up and rushing off to the gym. With working out at home, I can just roll out of bed and start my workout. It’s convenient and only takes about 30 minutes. Then I can go to the kitchen and eat a good breakfast. Or vice-versa.
Have you tried working out at home? It’s a fabulous habit to acquire. I highly recommend it.
Click here to grab your 30-day free membership to Beachbody’s on Demand streaming videos. You can choose from hundreds of workouts to start working out at home as well as guides and nutrition plans.