Know what you need for P90X before you start. Get the right equipment and supplements to be prepared. You may already have some of the required equipment but read the list anyway so you don’t miss out. There are also many supplements that can help you get the best results. After doing several rounds of P90X, I wish I would have had this information before I started the first time.
This in an intense 90-day program so make sure you are ready and have the right equipment. So many people do it for a week or two and then quit. Don’t be one of those people. Really, what is 12 weeks out of your life? What would you be doing for that hour? Probably a whole lot of nothing like posting on Facebook or watching TV, neither of which will get you on the road to health. Be sure to read this whole article so you know “what you need for P90X”. Ready to get fit and ripped?
What You Need for P90X is the Best Deal with Free Work out DVDs
Hey there Captain Obvious, the first thing you need is the fitness program. OK, that was easy but read on to know where to get the best deal, pay less for shipping, and get 2 free work outs.
- P90X training system $119.85 – get the best deal at Team Beachbody. You’ll pay much less for shipping and get 2 FREE (that’s right) P90X One on One workouts ($40 value). Click here to purchase.
- P90X Peak Results Package $269.70 – You get the fitness program (includes the 2 FREE DVDs), Chin-Up Bar, 1 month’s supply of Results and Recovery Formula, and 3 heavy-duty resistance bands to maximize your results. Click here to purchase.
- P90X Challenge Pack $205 – You get the fitness program (plus FREE DVDs), first month’s supply of Shakeology, and a 30-day membership to the Team Beachbody club. You save over $35 over purchasing separately. Click here to purchase.
Equipment You Need for P90X
In order to perform the exercises you’ll need some equipment. You may already have the weights or resistance bands . So go take an inventory of the equipment you have at home and compare it to this list. If you don’t have all the necessary equipment, go get some!
- Chin up Bar – You’ll need this for 3 of the workout sessions where you will perform a variety of pull up exercises. Can you even do a pull up? Just kidding. If you cannot, believe me, you will by the time the 90 days is up.
- Dumbbells – Most of what you’ll be doing are weight resistance exercises. It’s best to have dumbbells that range in weight because as you progress, you’ll be using more weight. Yes, you will!
- Resistance bands – these are optional. If you don’t use a pull up bar, you can use resistance bands with a door attachment. It works great and I did the pull up exercises using this method. The results were intimidating.
- Power stands – these are optional. I did not use them. Instead I used dumbbells.
Supplements You Need for P90X
As a reminder, you should follow the nutrition plan that comes with the program and not depend on supplements to save your health. Supplements can assist your body naturally and can really help you get the most out of the program.
- Shakeology – Drink one of these meal replacement shakes each day and you can toss the other vitamins. Shakeology has everything you need (over 80 super food ingredients) and Tony Horton has been known to use it as a post-workout drink. Use Shakeology to replace a meal or shake it up as a snack.
- Results and Recovery Formula – Drink this within 1 hours of completing your workout to help repair and rebuild your muscles. A recovery drink is specifically designed to help your body recover and also reduces soreness.
- Protein Bars – I love these! With up to 18 grams of protein, these bars are a great choice for muscle growth and repair. They taste super good too!
- Peak Health Formula – These multivitamin supplements are served up in a little packet to make it easy to take with you. With added antioxidants, plant extracts, and other important vitamins, your body will be properly suited up to take on P90X.
Your sheer will and determination, coupled with the P90X equipment and supplements can transform you like nobody’s business. I hope you learned what you need for P90X in this article. Go get everything and get started!