Need tips for staying hydrated? Proper hydration is important because your body must have water to function properly. Your body is made of about 75 water! I am aghast when people tell me they never drink water or drink very little.
There are many benefits of hydration. You are helping your body to regulate its temperature, help your digestion and protect your joints and organs
Summertime is even more important to stay hydrated with higher temperatures. If you experience dry skin, fatigue and headaches, start drinking more water! Replenishing fluids will give you an energy lift.
Plus, water has zero calories and it’s cheap!
7 Tips for Staying Hydrated from Tony Horton of P90x
- Drink an 8 ounce glass of water first thing in the morning. You can drink your coffee too but get your glass of water first! Your body loses water while you sleep through sweating.
- Use hydration bottles. You can carry it with it and fill it with filtered water. These are convenient for when you are the go.
- Buy good water. Tap water may not taste so great and it also has lots of impurities in it. So either get a water filter for your faucet or find a bottled water that you like.
- Eat your water. Sounds weird, huh? Eat hydrating foods. Fruits are a great way to get water since they are about 80% water. The best part is you get the water and the fiber!
- Eat soup and drink tea. This is another fabulous way to stay hydrated.
- Drink vegetable juice. Although fruit juices are great, they are higher in sugars and can spike your blood sugar levels. Vegetable juice can help you stay properly hydrated.
- Cut down on alcohol. If you drink alcohol, it’s sure to dehydrate you. So if you must, be sure to drink an 8 ounce glass of water inbetween drinks.