Do high intensity interval training workouts really work? Also known as HIIT workouts, these intense cardiovascular exercises will help you burn more calories than regular aerobic routines. Also, you’ll benefit from a metabolism boost for hours after you complete your HIIT workout.
So what exactly is a high intensity interval training workout? It’s a short exercise session where you alternate between intense activity bursts and less intensive activity within a set timeframe. For example, imagine yourself running at high speed for 1 minute, followed by a 2 minute walk. That’s a “high intensity interval training workout” (HIIT) workout! You would repeat that over and over for period of time not exceeding 20 minutes.
What Are the Benefits of a High Intensity Interval Training Workout?
As you struggle to blast through a HIIT workout, think about the benefits to stay motivated! And struggle you my friend. These type of workouts are tough, so make sure you eat healthy and eat enough to stick with without getting to exhausted.
Also consult with your doctor before starting a HIIT workout as high intensity interval training workout is not a good fit for everyone. Here are just a few benefits:
- Fat Blasting
- Burn more calories
- Improved glucose metabolism
- Time saver
- Improved athletic performance
You Can Do High Intensity Interval Training Workouts at Home
Not sure how to do a HIIT? Don’t have time to get to the gym? You can do any workout in the convenience of your home. It’s a great option that saves you time of getting in the car, parking, waiting for a class to start or waiting for equipment at a gym. Convenience baby! I love it.
These home workouts are short but intense:
- TurboFire – This intense cardio conditioning program is a 90-day system that can help you burn up to 9 times more fat and calories through HIIT workouts. Read more here.
- Insanity – Transform your body in 60 days with the most intense workout program ever put on DVD. Using MAX interval training, you’ll be shedding pounds in no time! Read more here.
- Les Mills Combat and Sports Attack – These 2 calorie scorching workouts are designed for maximum calorie burning. Using sports drills, punching and kicking, you will be sweating your way to a new body! Read more here.
Remember, extreme training produces extreme results!