If you are still not convinced why women should lift weights, I’ve got 7 good reasons for you!
Many women stick to various types of cardiovascular exercise as a way to lose weight. What typically ends up happening is they get thinner but still jiggle in all the wrong places!
Lifting weights benefits women in many ways and is essential for optimal fitness and a lean body.
Weight lifting workouts for women help burn fat like crazy. If you are afraid of bulking up, don’t be. As I mentioned, getting a lean body is one good reason why women should lift weights.
The scale is not everything. I follow a weight lifting program and even though I have muscle, it’s very lean. My overall body size is small and I can wear my size 0 skinny jeans.
Strength training exercises contribute to your health in a number of ways. Reconsider after you read these 7 reasons.
Why Women Should Lift Weights for Better Fitness and Health
Here are 7 great reasons why women should lift weight for improved fitness and health.
- Burn lots of fat. Intense weight-training programs elevate your metabolism for several hours. This in turn helps your body to burn fat long after the workout ended. Contrast this with cardio exercise, where your body stops burning fat a short time after the workout ends. Chalene Extreme fitness program is designed to do exactly that! I definitely notice a different on days when I do my weight training program.
- Change the shape of your body. Genes are not always to blame for the shape of your body. Don’t give into that notion! Weight training exercises can help you avoid that spread in the middle of your body and aid in slimming you down. Many women have transformed their bodies using fitness programs like P90X and P90X3 (just 30 minutes a day!)
- Give your metabolism a big boost. Who likes a slow metabolism, raise your hand! Not me. This is another reason why women should lift weight. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism. This also means you burn more calories throughout the day.
- Boost your confidence while gaining strength. When women lift weights, it can increase functional fitness. Everyday tasks can get easier to do. Anything from carrying grocery bags, to picking up kids. It can also help boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- Bone building. Osteoporosis is more common than you think for women. Weight bearing exercise is always recommended to help maintain bone mass and prevent osteoporosis. You can also benefit with better flexibility and balance.
- Fight depression. All exercise contributes to alleviating depression. Weight training programs are no different. Endorphins are released and can help decrease any depression you may have. It’s cheaper than medications and much better for your health.
- Improve overall sports fitness. Sports fitness is not just for athletes. It’s for everyone. If you want to participate in physical activities with your family, your kids or grandkids, then weight training is one way to help.
Do you think women should lift weights for better health and do you?