Summer is here and lots of people are on vacation. So how do you stay healthy on vacation? Maybe you just lost a few pounds and don’t want to gain it all back while on vacation. Maybe you just want to maintain your healthy weight while away.
Regardless of the reason, everyone can stay healthy while on vacation with a few tips that you can use now.
Even if you are on a staycation, you can stay healthy and fit this summer. I’ve been taking walks at the beach and enjoying beautiful summer nights. I am training for a 5K runDisney race and using a hybrid of Focus T25 and PiYo on non-running days. It’s going great so far! I also did the 3 Day Refresh cleanse 2 weeks ago and loved it. Click here to see my video review.
When you are on vacation, I know it feels like you earned the right to indulge. But don’t! TEspecially if you worked hard allyear to lose weight and get in shape.
Staying Healthy on Vacation isn’t as Difficult as you Think!
So many people are on vacation this summer. I thought is was good timing to give you a few tips on staying healthy while on vacation. These are some strategies I like to add to my vacation itinerary!
- Get Moving. Staying active on vacation is often incredibly can be super easy. Many vacation destinations have lots of activities. Just do fun stuff and you’ll get plenty of exercise. Go for a walking tour or bicycle tour, climb a mountain, surf, swim, or hike.
- Eat Locally. One of the best ways that I like to stay healthy on vacation is eating local delicacies and enjoying the culture. Visiting a farmers market while on vacation is fun too. Don’t be afraid to try something new. When I travel, I love to visit the local outdoor markets and get fresh foods to eat.
- Pack snacks. When you plan to be out all day, bring along your own healthy snacks so you don’t get too hungry and grab any type of food. It’s cost effective and will help you stay away from unhealthier options. Trail mix and granola bars, are all healthy, portable options. I always take these fun foods along on vacation.
- RELAX. Take time to just unplug. Put your mobile phone on silent while onvacation and don’t check your emails. You deserve some much needed time to disconnect. It will help you re- charge and make the most of your vacation!
- Take Along a Workout. What I love about home workouts is I can them wherever I go! With a variety of home workouts to choose from, there is something that will be a good fit for you!
What are some of your tips for staying healthy on vacation?
CLICK HERE to join our free healthy community and get even more tips on healthy vacations and more!